Emergency Vet Services
As an AAHA-accredited animal hospital, we have a higher level of preparedness when it comes to emergencies. We are always stocked with critical supplies, and our outstanding staff is highly experienced with emergency medicine. In a pet emergency, your cat or dog needs superior care quickly, and at Central Broward Animal Hospital, we deliver.
Emergency vet services we provide include (but are not limited to):
- In-house diagnostics including digital X-ray, ultrasound, and a full lab
- Safe, effective medications to control pain and other symptoms and manage chronic or acute conditions
- Emergency surgeries like foreign body removals
- Ophthalmology, or eye care and surgery
- Diagnosing and treating internal medicine cases
- Intensive care unit for critical cases
- And so much more
What is a Pet Emergency?
Pet emergencies are not always obvious, so it can be hard to tell when your pet needs urgent care. The following situations are those which demand urgent care for your pet, so call us right away if you notice:
- Difficulty breathing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Blood in vomit, urine, or stool
- Eye injuries
- Disorientation or confusion
- Traumatic injury such as being hit by a car
- Encounter with a wild animal
- Pressing head against the wall
If ever your pet is acting strangely, it’s a good idea to call us so we can assess the situation over the phone and give you advice to take the best care of your pet. Call us at (954) 792-6323 whenever you have questions.